One of the things we see most often on inspections are issues related to deferred servicing of the following components:
- Furnace – servicing recommended every 1-2 years depending on the cleanliness of the environment (i.e. – pets or rural/dusty areas require annual servicing)
- HVAC Unit – servicing recommended every 6-12 months, with replacement of air filters every 6 months or more frequently.
- Fireplace and Chimney – cleaning and servicing recommended annually.
- Wood Burning Stove – chimney/flue cleaning annually, stove servicing recommended every other year
- Sewer Lines – scoping recommended every 5 years depending on age of home and sewer system type.
If you haven’t had your home’s systems serviced recently, we highly recommend that you do so right away and especially prior to listing your home for sale. It’s much cheaper to keep your existing systems in good working order rather than being forced to replace them to keep a Buyer happy.
Need recommendations for service contractors? Let us know – we’d be happy to put you in touch with some great options.
Ready for the next step? Pick Your Team Well